Yay welcome to day 1 of our Top 10 of 2014 event! We're so happy that you all are participating with us! 2014 was an awesome year for me. I've read 107 books as of today and will most likely hit my goal of 110 by the 31st! I love the Goodreads Reading Challenge I sign up every year and the people at Goodreads have a cool Your Year of Books when you sign up for the challenge. If you want to see all the books I read this year go HERE!
So today’s topic is Best Books I've Read in 2014 (Doesn't have to be released in 2014, just a book you've read in 2014). And I had a hell of a time narrowing it down to just 10 so there are a few honorable mentions added to this list. If you want to know anything about the books I chose just click on the title and it’ll take you to the Goodreads page!
And make sure to stop by my co-hosts sites Reading YA Rocks (Fiktshun’s new site), Tales of a Ravenous Reader, and Magical Urban Fantasy Reads for their lists! Oh and make sure to sign up with the linky to share your lists! And don’t forget to enter the giveaway! Details are at the end of this post!
Monday, December 24th - Best Books I've Read in 2014 (Doesn't have to be released in 2014, just a book you've read in 2014)
1. A THOUSAND PIECES OF YOU by Claudia Gray. This was my favorite of the year hands down!!!!! It was an amazing sci-fi story with the perfect amount of mystery and romance.
2. WINTERSPELL by Claire Legrand. A dark Nutcracker retelling with steampunk fae and a hot tormented prince this one will definitely be a re-read for me!
3. DEFY and IGNITE by Sara B Larson. Freaking fantastic books!!!!! This was the year of amazing high fantasy and Sara started and ended it (since IGNITE comes out Dec 30th) with a bang!
4. KISS OF DECEPTION by Mary Pearson. Another seriously kick ass high fantasy! Mary’s storytelling is amazing and she kept me guessing till the end about who was who! Normally I can figure things out but nope I was totally surprised with the outcome There’s also 2 hot boys to choose from!
5. SNOW LIKE ASHES by Sara Raasch. High fantasy #3 on my list this year! It was awesome, amazeballs, mind-blowing!!!! Loved Theron and I can’t wait for book 2!
6. HEIR OF FIRE by Sarah J. Maas. Ok seriously I have no idea what it is about chicks named Sara/Sarah but they’re rocking the high fantasy this year! HEIR was absolutely amazing and I can’t wait for the next book.
7. SILVER SHADOWS by Richelle Mead. Adrian fricking Ivashkov!!! Need I say more?? This book tortured me sooooo bad and then the ending was perfect and a cliffhanger ugh!
8. IGNITE ME by Tahereh Mafi. Haters gonna hate on this one because of who Juliet ends up with but seeing as I was Team Warner this book made me happy dance like crazy!!!!
9. ALIENATED by Melissa Landers. I love me a good alien story and this beats JLA’s Lux series IMO and I can’t wait for book 2!
10. MORTAL by Robin LaFevers. It’s historical fantasy at its best and a beautiful conclusion to the series! Although I have heard that Robin may revisit this world to which I say please do!!!!
LANDRY PARK by Bethany Hagen.
THE FOREVER SONG by Julie Kagawa.
INTO THE STILL BLUE by Veronica Rossi.
THE PERILOUS SEA by Sherry Thomas.
COMPULSION by Martina Boone.
LIV FOREVER by Amy Talkington.
SISTER’S FATE by Jessica Spotswood.
Did any of my favorites make your list? Fill out the linky and let me know! Also today is my giveaway day!!!! Here’s what I have up for grabs!
Both Giveaways are US only sorry postage is expensive!
Prize Pack 1- The Fantasy Pack
1 winner will receive 2015 ARC’s of
AN EMBER IN THE ASHES by Sabaa Tahir
THE ORPHAN QUEEN by Jodi Meadows
THE SIN EATER’S DAUGHTER by Melinda Salisbury
RED QUEEN by Victoria Aveyard
Prize Pack 2- The Contemporary Pack
1 winner will receive 2015 ARC’s of
99 DAYS by Katie Cotungo
THE PRETTY APP by Katie Sise
EVERYTHING THAT MAKES YOU by Moriah McStay
LIARS, INC. by Paula Stokes