So today’s topic is Best Books I've Read in 2012 (Doesn't have to be released in 2012, just a book you've read in 2012). And I had a hell of a time narrowing it down to just 10 so there are a few honorable mentions added to this list. If you want to know anything about the books I chose just click on the title and it’ll take you to the Goodreads page!
And make sure to stop by my co-hosts sites Fiktshun, Confessions of a Bookaholic, A Life Bound By Books, and Magical Urban Fantasy Reads for their lists! Oh and make sure to sign up with the linky to share your lists! And don’t forget to enter the giveaway!Details are at the end of this post!
Best Books I've Read in 2012
1. Splintered by AG Howard. Yes it releases January 1st but I read it in 2012 and it was my favorite of the year hands down!!!!!
2. Grave Mercy by RL LaFevers. This was one fantastic historical fiction with a paranormal twist. I loved everything about this story! Assassins rock!
3. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo. High Fantasy is one of my favorite genres and this makes my Top 10 all-time list!
4. The Crown of Embers by Rae Carson. Like my 3rd choice this series is on my all-time list! Rae is an amazing writer and Hector will definitely make my book boyfriends list!
5. Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins. This was the first book of 2102 that I made all of my friends read. I mean I made them drop whatever they were reading to start this one!
6. Shine by Jeri Smith-Ready. Such an amazing ending to one of my favorite series. Many tears were shed.
7. Cinder by Marissa Meyer. A cyborg Cinderella set in a futuristic world yes please! This book was awesome!!!!
8. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi. One of my favorite dystopian stories hands down and I loved that it was told in dual POV’s!
9. Masque of The Red Death by Bethany Griffin. Based on an Edgar Allen Poe tale with an awesome main character and two equally sexy leading men whom I still can’t choose between!
10. Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris. Set in a city near and dear to my heart with some of the best sci-fi storytelling set in a real world environment. Plus Ben reminds me of Max from Roswell and the dimension travel reminds me of Sliders J
Renegade by JA Souders. A dystopian tale set in a lush underwater world with one of the most evil villain’s I’ve had the pleasure of reading about!
The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead. I love Richelle’s books and this one kicked my ass! The ending *gasps*
Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout. I love Jennifer’s books and even though I just recently read Opal. Onyx was just a little bit more of a favorite.
The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa. Loved this one! Love all of Julie’s books!
For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund. A modern retelling of Jane Austen’s Persuasion that rocked my world! It was a sci-fi/dystopian that I adored!
Did any of my favorites make your list? Fill out the linky and let me know! And good luck with the giveaway :) Today’s giveaway is hosted by Lisa from A Life Bound By Books so make sure to stop by her Top 10 Post!