Hi and welcome to my Top 10 Tuesday post!
Thanks to the lovely ladies at The Broke And The Bookish for creating this weekly meme!
Here's this week's topic.
February 10: Top Ten Things I Like/Dislike When It Comes To Romances In Books!
I'm going to mix up the likes and dislikes.
1. Like. I love a good love triangle! If a triangle is written well it brings angst and an extra something to a story IMO.
2. Dislike. Instalove. There are instances where it's ok like if they're soul mates and have reconnected in a different life but for the most part I can't stand instalove.
3. Like. The slow burn. I can't stand it when characters jump into bed with each other right away. I need actual romance and maybe some foreplay. This is probably why I prefer YA books to NA and Adult.
4. Dislike. Sex for the sake of just putting some steam in the book. Like I said see above.
5. Dislike. Stalking and or obsessed characters. If a character stalks someone and the other person falls in love with them I'm not cool with that. In any way
6. Like. Best friends falling in love.
7. Dislike. Some of the names that authors come up for the genitalia like "love rocket" "pulsating unit" etc. I've only found these in adult books but they're laughable!
8. Dislike. Predictability. I'm normally good at seeing things coming but if the romance is too predictable I get bored
9. Like. A bad boy who's not as bad as he looks! I love a guy that's tough around the edges but has a soft center ;)
10. Like. The feel of falling in love. IDK if this makes sense but I like it when I'm so connected to the story or a character that when they fall in love with someone I feel yself falling right with them!
And come back next week for Ten Book Related Problems I Have (could be serious or fun!)! I'm not sure what I'll do but it should be fun!