Yay welcome to day 1 of our Top 10 of 2016 event! We're so happy that you all are participating with us! 2016 was an awesome year for me. I've read 125 books as of today and will most likely hit my goal of 130 by the 31st! I love the GoodreadsReading Challenge I sign up every year and the people at Goodreads have a cool Your Year of Books when you sign up for the challenge. If you want to see all the books I read this year go HERE!
So today’s topic is Best Books I've Read in 2016 (Doesn't have to be released in 2016, just a book you've read in 2016). And I had a hell of a time narrowing it down to just 10 so there are a few honorable mentions added to this list. If you want to know anything about the books I chose just click on the title and it’ll take you to the Goodreads page!
And make sure to stop by my co-hosts sites Fiktshun, Tales of a Ravenous Reader, and Dark Faerie Tales for their lists! Oh and make sure to sign up with the linky to share your lists!
1. The AIR AWAKENS Series by Elise Kova. This was hands down one of my favorites of the year! I binge read the whole series in 5 days and I read them in eBook format. Most of you know how much I dislike eBooks but I couldn't wait to get the physical copies of this amazing high fantasy series! If you want to give this series a read Elise has the digital boxed set (all 5 books) up for sale for only $9.99! And if you have Kindle Unlimited it's FREE!
2. A MILLION WORLDS WITH YOU by Claudia Gray. The perfect ending to one of my all time favorite series! I was sad to see it end.
3. UNKNOWN by Wendy Higgins. I was so happy to hear that Wendy was writing a New Adult sci-fi series and this didn't disappoint! I love all of Wendy's books but I think this may be my favorite of hers!
4. A PROMISE OF FIRE by Amanda Bouchet. I started reading more adult fantasy this year and this one is one of my favorites! It's a great high fantasy with swoony romance!
5. CRYSTAL STORM by Morgan Rhodes. Is anyone surprsied this made my list? I am obsessed with this series!
6. BLACKHEARTS by Nicole Castroman. I love a good pirate book and this is probably my all time favorite even if Blackbeard in this story isn't a pirate...yet
7. ARCANA RISING by Kresley Cole. This book might just be my favorite of the Arcana Chronicles series! Kresley may be self publishing the rest of the books since Simon & Schuster sucks and dropped the series but her writing is still amazing and I can't wait to see what she comes up with next in the series!
8. THE FORGETTING by Sharon Cameron. I love all of Sharon's books but I think this is by far my favorite of hers!
9. THE ARCHITECT OF SONG by A.G. Howard. This is A.G.'s first self published book in her Historical/Gothic New Adult series and I loved every page!
10. A COURT OF MIST AND FURY by Sarah J. Maas. This series has become my new favorite of hers! I still love her Throne of Glass books but not as much as this. And Oh My Rhysand!
CLANLESS by Jennifer Jenkins.
SACRIFICE by Cindy Pon.
A TORCH AGAINST THE NIGHT by Sabaa Tahir.
THE CROWN'S GAME by Evelyn Skye.
NIGHT STUDY by Maria V. Snyder.
BURNING GLASS by Kathryn Purdie.
LIKE A RIVER GLORIOUS by Rae Carson.
Did any of my favorites make your list? Fill out the linky and let me know! And remember to stop by my co-hosts blogs you'll find a giveaway on one of them!